JOHNNY DEPP IS NICE

By brendon January 17, 2008 @ 11:06 AM

Johnny Depp secretly visited London's Great Ormond St Hospital yesterday to donate 2 million dollars, the same hospital where in November he spent four hours reading stories to kids while in full character, complete with costume, as Capt Jack Sparrow.  Great Ormond, of course, is the hospital where Depps daughter Lilly spent 9 days last March after E.coli poisoning led to the failure of her kidneys.  The Herald Sun says:

Depp arrived unexpectedly at the renowned children's hospital where eight-year-old Lily-Rose was treated last year when her kidneys failed.
Last week he invited five Great Ormond St doctors and nurses to the party for the London premiere of his film Sweeney Todd.
And unknown to the public, Depp spent four hours at the hospital telling bedtime stories to patients dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates Of The Caribbean.

This all started when Lilly stepped on a rusty nail.  She went home to France where she got sicker and sicker, then was brought back to the London hospital, presumably because France is a land where rusty nails baffle science and kill kids by the thousands.  One time they had a broken bottle and it became their king.

MasterShake 01/17/2008 11:23

YARRRR!!!!!

Crabbus 01/17/2008 11:25

FUCK SHITNAIL YEAH BITCHCOCKS, HE ROLLIN' WITH THE PIRATE PUNCHERS

HOW BOUT YOU SWAGGER MY FAT WAD OF BOOBCASH, MISS HENTITTY

lady garden 01/17/2008 11:26

fuck yeah

Quinlan 01/17/2008 11:26

I'm not gonna give Johnny shit on this one; he's a classy guy who knows how to show graditutde.  And also he shot up shit with Hunter S. Thompson, which earns street creds…

TengoWood 01/17/2008 11:27

crabbus, nice to see you are back to your award-winning form.

TengoWood 01/17/2008 11:28

He's cool. His wife leaves you asking WTF!, though….

Stinky Pete 01/17/2008 11:29

Next month he's gonna great kids in the outpatient surgical center as Edward Scissorhands.

Pennsylvania's Finest 01/17/2008 11:29

i hate it when selfish dick wads like this try stealing the headlines from the real heroes of society like britney.  now she is going to have to come up with some more news…………..breaking news…..britney is being video taped by 52 photographers taking a shit on the floor in the middle of a Los Angeles shopping mall.

DB's Treasure 01/17/2008 11:29

I have no problems with this guy.

However, I do question his sanity. The bastard moved from America to France, cause he thinks The US has a bad rap.

Mongoose 01/17/2008 11:30

TRUST THE FRENCH

gotdang 01/17/2008 11:30

One time they had a broken bottle and it became their king.

Damn, B, that was so funny I had to log in and tell you that.

———————–

Now I'm off to work.  Cheers to everyone – you know who you are.

CRABBUS, I LOVE YOU MAN!

Dirty Hairy 01/17/2008 11:31

DAMMIT STINKY! You stole my fucking joke! DOR SHO GHA!

(at least I checked first so I didn't look like more of a retard)

Ass Tagger 01/17/2008 11:34

Well, his four hour read-a-thon's known to the public now, isn't it?

Juan 01/17/2008 11:38

Her kidneys failed and…what?  She got better?**  She got transplants?  She is still sick? She discovered she didn't need kidneys if she never drank anything?

**"She turned me into a newt!  [pause] I got better."

LudditeAndroid 01/17/2008 11:39

While the hospital confirmed that the 43-year-old dropped in to surprise children at the London hospital, dressing up as his character Jack Sparrow from the Pirates Of The Caribbean films to read stories to the youngsters last November, it insisted Mr Depp had not been in touch recently.

[...] However, the hospital did reveal that Disney, the makers of the Pirates Of the Caribbean movies, has donated £1 million and pledged to raise a further £9 million for the hospital.

I'll never get FISSED 01/17/2008 11:39

What a cheap bastard. Not near as sexy as Richard Greicoif you ask me.

yohnskull22 01/17/2008 11:39

He's not a scientologist and his kid has a fairly good name.  I approve of this actor.

Juan 01/17/2008 11:40

Depp: "Arrr!  Once upon a time, arrr!  Hansel and Gretel went into the, arrrr, forest and, arrr…"

Kids: "Enough with the frigging ARRRs!!"

Doctress Leisa 01/17/2008 11:40

Okay–how do I get his wife to come to dinner, choke on a chicken bone, and have me perform the Heimlich Maneuver to save her life? The Doctress needs a new pair of shoes, baby!

lgcjoker 01/17/2008 11:40

So wait? He's not a nice guy? What are you telling me LA? I'm so confused now.