james cameron will not be fixing the oil spill

By brendon June 03, 2010 @ 3:30 PM

60427464

James Cameron doesn’t really understand story structure in movies, but he has spent over 3000 hours on deep water dive sites like the Titanic and the Bismarck, and he holds several patents for inventing cases and robotic equipment made to handle the extreme pressure and cold found at the ocean floor. And he’s the dumb one in the family. His brother Mike is nothing short of an engineering genius.

So, it does make some degree of sense that the United States government would ask the director of Avatar to brainstorm ideas to fix the BP oil leak. He’s worked in tougher conditions than this (the BP leak is 1 mile down, the Bismarck was 2 miles down, the Titanic 2.5) and figured that stuff out. But it turns out they won’t be using any of Camerons ideas. Oh and he’s just thrilled about it. Yahoo says…

“Over the last few weeks I’ve watched, as we all have, with growing horror and heartache, watching what’s happening in the Gulf and thinking those morons don’t know what they’re doing,” Cameron said at the All Things Digital technology conference.
Cameron said he has offered to help the government and BP in dealing with the spill. He said he was “graciously” turned away by the British energy giant.
Cameron suggested the U.S. government needed to take a more active role in monitoring the undersea gusher, which has become the worst oil spill in U.S. history.
“I know really, really, really smart people that work typically at depths much greater than what that well is at,” Cameron said.

Can’t we just send him down anyway? Let him try. This is the kind of shit that always awakens Godzilla or Cthulhu, and if you think things are bad now, just wait until the monsters start arriving.

RemSteale 06/03/2010 15:34

I think Bob needs to hijack this thread

SALAJ 06/03/2010 15:36

Someone told me WealthyRomanceS-COM. It’s the place where you can meet millionaires, who are searching for their special someone.

pepper 06/03/2010 15:36

Barbarella 06/03/2010 15:36

Bob > Mel

Haha!

RemSteale 06/03/2010 15:36

Salaj.
    Die.
    That is all.

minimosh 06/03/2010 15:37

yea take that ocean! You freak…

Observer 06/03/2010 15:37

Barbarella……@15:38

…you took the nipples right out of my mouth…..

Observer 06/03/2010 15:38

I’d like to wrap Cameron in chains and cement blocks……

…and then let him inspect the well……

Sensei John Kreese 06/03/2010 15:38

“Barbarella……@15:38″

Obs, how’d you say that at 15:37?

Were you sent here from the future to kill us all?

minimosh 06/03/2010 15:38

barb, I agree. I’ll take Bob over Mel any day….

Woodsman 06/03/2010 15:39

Jeez, Barb, just because you’re OTR, don’t start a catfight between the nista’s with the courage (boobs) to express their individuality (boobs) for the advancement of artistic expression (boobs). Besides, you’ve likely got D cups today so give them some air.

RemSteale 06/03/2010 15:39

Why do you think Observer has so many pauses in his posts, he’s waiting for us to catch up to him

SsnakeOil 06/03/2010 15:39

Rem, what the hell are you doing here so late? Wife out of town or something?

RemSteale 06/03/2010 15:41

Kind of Ssnake, I do pop up later from time to time, I try not to make a habit of it

Watt 06/03/2010 15:42

This post has no tits.

I am disappoint

Barbarella 06/03/2010 15:43

Woods, they’re C’s but thanks! And Aunt Flo doesn’t really crank me out. I was giving Bob a compliment. Stop yelling at me.

Observer 06/03/2010 15:43

Sensei John Kreese

…I am not killer…..just a fucker…..

SsnakeOil 06/03/2010 15:44

Woods is right, Barb. Now’s the time to release those puppies.

Is it just me, or does Bob look a little like Mini?

RemSteale 06/03/2010 15:45

I think Bob is quite cute, nice voice.

But Barb is the reveal we are all waiting for, the teasing is working I think

ohmwrecker 06/03/2010 15:46

There is some kind of space/time continuum in here today.