Hatsune Miku is a huge star in Japan, a 3D hologram

By brendon November 11, 2010 @ 2:20 PM

Hatsune Miku is a big star in Japan who sells lots of records but who is mostly famous for her live shows. Which is more impressive than you might initially think because she’s a fucking hologram. Singularity Hub says…

Hatsune Miku is a rising star in Japan and abroad, singing catchy J-pop that matches her blue-green hair. She’s also a virtual avatar created by Crypton Media using Yamaha’s Vocaloid voice synthesizer. That hasn’t stopped her from amassing a legion of fans who really love her work. I mean really love it. Check out the crowd frantically waving glow-sticks and singing along with Hatsune Miku as she appears via a ‘3D hologram’ on stage in the videos.

Go here and here and here to watch this in 1080i, and you should to see how insanely clear this is. Thank god the Japanese spend most of their time inventing new ways to slaughter every living thing in the ocean and fuck stuff (which I think we both know is how Hatsune came about). If those perverts put their mind to conquering the world, I wouldn’t even have time to finish this sentence in English.

(source = Joe Rogans twitter)

1. PatHealy 11/11/2010 14:27

WHY THE FUCK AM I READING THIS NOW?

2. Habitual Line Stepper 11/11/2010 14:30

At least the Japanese realize their music is fake … I’d betcha almost every American thinks that Gwyneth Paltrow is playing guitar and singing live in that last clip.

Now that’s the REAL joke.

3. SCUM 11/11/2010 14:33

I saw some holo upskirt.

4. Zombie 11/11/2010 14:35

HLS…. America, where acts like Rihanna and Pink can get away with proclaiming themselves as “rock stars”.

5. SCUM 11/11/2010 14:38

Was Milli Vanilli a Hologram?

6. ohmwrecker 11/11/2010 14:39

The atomic bomb destroyed the psyche of Japan and this is the result.

7. Kirk 11/11/2010 14:46

The only difference between that and what we do in the U.S. is we have a real person pretending to sing as oppossed to a fake person pretending to sing. I think the Japanese way of doing things is more honest.

8. Slaappy 11/11/2010 14:47

Instantly the ratio of ADHD went to 1 in 7 children by releasing this Japanese terror threat…

9. pepper 11/11/2010 14:48

Watt is attempting to buy one for his bed……..

10. curles 11/11/2010 14:48

And what is the difference between this hologram and Katy Perry, that Cyrus girl, the country chick of the moment, Lady Gaga and all of their autotuning or whatever that device is? The chances you will find looks and real vocal talent in the same package are largely remote. Amy Winehouse has talent, but far too many of the rest might as well be the Archies.

11. Death to Finkle! 11/11/2010 14:53

+3, pepper

12. Habitual Line Stepper 11/11/2010 14:53

… and at least when you’re done with the little whore-o-gram at least you can just turn the fucking thing off and put it in a box. Imagine trying to deal with Gwyneth or (insert created pop star hack name here) and their pathetic self important “Don’t you know who I think I am?” demands all day long.

I’d rather die.

13. Watt 11/11/2010 14:56

Hell yeah I am.

Joe Rogan’s Twitter? Really?

14. ohmwrecker 11/11/2010 15:02

It seems that everyone has come to the same trite, obvious and overwrought conclusion that the Japanese parody American culture . . . lather, rinse, repeat.

15. ohmwrecker 11/11/2010 15:08

Doesn’t anyone tell any jokes anymore?! It’s like all that’s left around here are 20 McGirk clones.

16. SCUM 11/11/2010 15:19

I think my gf has tourettes, she keeps yelling “fuck that pussy” and we don’t even have a cat.

17. Habitual Line Stepper 11/11/2010 15:25

Got a little white puppy for my girlfriend the other day …
    I thought it was a pretty good trade.
    ba da .. tcsh

18. Habitual Line Stepper 11/11/2010 15:27

Maybe Joe Rogan was searching ‘Japanese ground and pound’ and this is what came up.

19. Death to Finkle! 11/11/2010 15:29

So a pedophile and a 5 year-old boy are walking through the woods…

20. SCUM 11/11/2010 15:30

What do you call a tree with two ropes hanging from it?