Charlie Sheen was on CNN last night with Piers Morgan, who asked Sheen if he’s ever hit a woman. Before we get to Sheens answer, here are a few examples of times he’s hit a woman.
– He shot Kelly Preston. (imdb)
– He hit a UCLA co-ed in the back of the head after she refused to sleep with him. (people)
– He flung Brittany Ashland to the ground, which split open her lip and would require 7 stitches. (e!)
– He held a knife to the throat of his wife Brooke Mueller. (daily mail)
– He threatened to kill Denise Richards and Capri Anderson. (people, nydn)
Okay so here’s what Sheen said…
“I have not, no. No, women are not to be hit. They’re to be hugged and caressed, you know?
“I’m sorry, there was an incident years ago, and everybody thought I hit her. I was trying to contain her. I had her arms and we both went to the ground… her initials are B.A.”
That would be Brittany Ashland. He didn’t mention that she needed stitches in her lip. Maybe he forgot. Luckily her attorney has issued a statement to remind him about that and a few other details.
“(Sheen) failed to state that he was charged with one count of battery with serious injury … He entered a plea of no contest to that charge. No contest has the same effect as a guilty plea for his crime.
“For that conviction, he was sentenced to one year jail time, which was suspended. In addition, he was sentenced to two years of probation, $1,200.00 fine, 300 hours of community service and eight counseling sessions.”
Sheen thinks he’s cool because he takes these girls shopping and on trips, but those guys who took Liam Neeseons daughter in Taken bought her a new dress and took her on a boat too. So what you do with the girl before and after is also kind of a big deal, as it turns out.