seriously, fuck you George Lucas

By brendon August 31, 2011 @ 2:40 PM

In what may be the best argument ever for illegally downloading movies, George Lucas is finally releasing all 6 Star Wars titles on blu-ray, because there’s still a few dollars for him to steal from his fans. And of course because he has no idea what he’s doing or what made the movies good to begin with, he’s also “updated” some of the scenes.

As aintitcool, via badass digest, says…

this is confirmed… yes, Vader says “No!” as he picks the Emperor up.  This is yet another change in the Original Trilogy.
It was already such a perfect moment.  As Luke, dying under the Emperor’s torrent of force lightning, calls out to his father to help him, Vader stares quietly, looks at his son, then at the Emperor, and makes his decision.  And he DOESN”T FUCKING SAY A THING.  That’s what makes it so powerful.  You could almost see the thought process behind the mask, as Vader slowly comes out of the fog of 20+ years of evil.  It’s a grand, amazing moment and the pinnacle of the trilogy, in my opinion.
And George Lucas just ruined it.

Very obviously George Lucas is a complete moron who simply lucked his way into this franchise because there were talented people around him and everything good about the first two movies were someone else’s idea that he hated but the studio made him use. I’m amazed we even still have James Earl Jones on here, and that Lucas didn’t replace him with Eddie Griffin or someone like that, so Darth Vader can say things like, “where my big girls girls at?”

1. Dr. Gonzo 08/31/2011 14:53

In the cantina at mos eisley, who shoots first?

Does jar jar binks make any cameos in the original trilogy? Maybe in the sarlacc pit? I’d buy the new releases to see that. Or gang raped by ewoks maybe.

2. WTF 08/31/2011 17:11

I actually like the idea of Eddie Griffin doing the voice of Darth Vader. “Now lookie here evil nigga, der aint no motharfucker gonna put down lightnin bolts on my mothafuckin son, so nigga you got to go. Ya dig!”

And I do agree, Lucas is an asshole!

3. mercury 08/31/2011 18:17

I hope this isn’t for real!

4. Observer 08/31/2011 18:33

Captain Kirk must be spinning in his GRAVE…..!!!

5. i hate you 08/31/2011 18:46

i don’t think this really changes anything brenduh.

6. lethargic 08/31/2011 19:09

Just found this clip on youtube with even MORE changes to the Jedi ending. http://youtu.be/TzEMrXKnWn8

7. sjbya 08/31/2011 21:17

Come go and see, will not regret it Oh look

8. Observer 08/31/2011 21:39

…..and the Robot must be screaming “Danger!!…Danger!! Lucas Fans…”

9. RD 09/01/2011 09:42

I agree that Lucas just lucked in to Star Wars being such a big hit. I’m thinking that Lucas will release all 6 films in the way that they were in the theater some day. But only after bleeding the die hard Star Wars fans a couple of more times. It’s really sad that Lucas keeps taking the money from the Star Wars fans but it’s also the fans fault for falling for the same trick time after time after time!

10. sjbya 09/01/2011 22:02

Come go and see, will not regret it Oh look

000000000000000000000000

11. BongHits4Jesus 09/01/2011 23:18

You now what I still don’t get? The Emperor zaps Luke for like a good minute, doing no permanent damage. He zaps Vader for like half a second, and it kills him…. WHAT DOES VADER DIE OF?

12. kien0030 09/05/2011 03:41

@BH4J Vader dies because the Emperor shorts out his breathing apparatus in the suit. He needs the life support system to stay alive, and Palpatine basically fries it.

13. AlstonRicardo69072575 09/06/2011 10:28

I just got a $829.99 iPad2 for only $103.37 and my mom got a $1499.99 HDTV for only $251.92, they are both coming with USPS tomorrow. I would be an idiot to ever pay full retail prices at places like Walmart or Bestbuy. I sold a 37″ HDTV to my boss for $600 that I only paid $78.24 for. I use CentStart.c om