did Amy Schumer go to far?

By brendon September 20, 2011 @ 12:35 PM

Last night Comedy Central aired their roast of Charlie Sheen, and even for a roast one joke in particular seemed to get people upset when Amy Schumer made a joke to Steve O about Ryan Dunn. But here’s the thing; fuck Ryan Dunn. It’s not like he was torn out of his house by a tiger. He killed himself and a friend after drinking his way to a BAL just under .2 and then drove his Porsche 130 miles per hour. That dipshit deserved to die. I feel worse for the trees Ryan hit than I do for Ryans friends and family. We needed those, fuckface!

Secondly, Amy Schumer is awesome. She could have handed Steve a sketch of Dunns charred remains for all I care.

SHOGGOTHSEX 09/20/2011 12:46

Hey, you show up to a roast, you better be prepared to hear someone telling the audience how well your grandmother fellates horses. Deal with it.

Mr. Nutt 09/20/2011 12:48

It’s called a roast. Did anyone do a joke about Ryan roasting in his car?

warnerveinc 09/20/2011 13:00

A better question from her would be “Who the fuck is Amy Schumer?” A fat, pig-faced bitch is what she made herself look like. Someone should roast and eat her.

Bacond 09/20/2011 13:00

Okay, so I had this conversation last night. While half of me agrees that, yes, it is a roast, be prepared the other half disagrees. Roast are traditionally built around a circle of people that have a history with one another. We roast them because we love them. While I agree with her, I wish it would have been Steve-O instead joke is funny, Ryan Dunn is so far removed from ANY of these people that it just seemed to be too much. Not any of that “too soon” shit, because yeah, he was an idiot, but nobody there but Steve-O loved Ryan Dunn, HE was the only one there who should have been able to make a Dunnzo joke. No if Steve-O weren’t there, yeah, go ahead. I mean there are so many other things that are hilariously fucked up about Steve-O she could have gotten into, I think it was just too easy. I don’t give her any props for that joke.
    PS. Mike Tyson?

tpb125 09/20/2011 13:01

I would love for any of you internet tough guys to say any of this to Ryan’s friends or family……then see who’s laughing

BALLSY 09/20/2011 13:03

Ryan Dunn Didn’t mean to crash!

Ghost 09/20/2011 13:06

What a bitch.

Admiral 09/20/2011 13:06

Aw, you should’ve posted the joke. I’m too lazy to click the play button on videos.

Bacond 09/20/2011 13:08

@tpb125…agreed. I think that Comedy Central ruined the roast. When the Friars did it (and still do it), it just had/has a bit more class. Not just, “what’s the most fucked up thing I can say about someone I don’t know”. The vibe is just mean.

Admiral 09/20/2011 13:10

Good point, SHOGGOTHSEX. I didn’t know one COULD go too far in a roast. I can’t even watch roasts anymore – they’re way too mean for me, and I can be pretty cruel.

Bacond 09/20/2011 13:16

It is a good point SHOGGOTHSEX. It just doesn’t work here because the person is dead, not involved in the comedy/showbiz industry, and has no representation other than dumbass Steve-O. Grandma’s blowing horses is hilarious, even giving Patrice O’neal shit for dying of Diabetes is hilarious. It’s just not funny to make fun of someone that’s dead and that you don’t know. I mean, there was so much more shit she could have gotten on Steve-O about. Roasts are meant to be funny, they’re for good sports and they are cruel, but we do them to show our respect and admiration. It’s just ball busting. Although, Steve-O should have been ready for someone to take a jab at that. I think the fact it came from a nobody fat kneed cunt is what made it brutal.

Uncle Ham Menkit 09/20/2011 13:39

You pansies don’t even realize all she did was say Dunn’s name. The joke is everyone wishes Steve-O was dead. Because fuck Steve-O.

SHOGGOTHSEX 09/20/2011 13:40

Don Rickles made a joke about Joan Van Ark on one of Dean Martin’s roasts and Charles Bronson had to be physically restrained to keep him from killing Rickles (look it up) and Don Rickles is STILL in the Friar’s Club. And they were friends. Look, I’m not saying she’s not a tasteless cunt. That was a truly tasteless joke. But I have to admit, I chuckled. I guess my point is that if you’re going to a roast AND sitting ON STAGE, you’re a target. I’m not saying it’s “okay” that she said that. And to ‘internet tough guy’ @tbp125: I’d say the same thing to Steve-O or Bam’s bitch ass. I made fun of Roger Ebert when he said what he said, too. I’m a fan of the show and Dunn seemed like a genuinely nice guy but HE FUCKED UP AND NOT ONLY KILLED HIMSELF BUT A FRIEND AS WELL. What if he’d plowed into a SUV full of kids instead of just trees? Jesus, you Dunn-defenders baffle me.

Wowzersinmytrowzers 09/20/2011 13:46

Tyler you’re a fucking idiot. “that dipshit deserved to die”? Really? Yeah because I’m sure you’ve never been drunk and drove home before. Get off your fucking goddamn high horse you stupid pussy. You’re a big tough guy, but I’d bet everything i fucking own that you’re the biggest goddamn pussy alive and you wouldn’t say shit to anyone to their goddamn face. Fuck you you fucking piece of shit cocksucker. I’m sorry your boyfriend shit in your mouth instead of on your chest last night, but jesus christ dude, saying someone deserves to die is crossing the fucking line.

Tom Weidermeijer 09/20/2011 14:05

Yeah, it may have been a low joke, but THAT is what these stupid roasts are about.

I’m with SHOGGOTHSEX… these things are cruel and if you are on stage, expect to be beaten up. No one HAS to go there… and if you do, expect to be pummeled.

If you don’t know Amy, look up some of her work. She is the funniest female comedian that I know.

@wowzer… STFU. Yes, we have all drove home drunk. NO we have not done it at over 100 MPH… ass. I liked Ryan on TV and on the movies too… so what.

footscapelvr 09/20/2011 14:10

Uncle Ham hit it on the head…the joke wasn’t about Dunn…it was about how we all wish that it was Steve-O instead. Basically, it was a pro-Dunn joke.

Anthony Jeselnik was the one that flat out said Steve-O shouldn’t give up on his suicide. And no…that wasn’t going too far either.

Uncle Ham Menkit 09/20/2011 14:25

@Wowzer and @Tom; I’ve never driven home drunk. Ever. I’m not fucking stupid.

madboots 09/20/2011 14:52

I’m jerking off and posting while driving a school bus. I deserve to die but not the kids behind me. Why aren’t there any seatbelts? Fuck Dunn and fuck anyone else who would be shitty enough to defend him whatsoever getting behind the wheel drunk. He spun the wheel for himself and for everyone that got in his path.

CharmingMess 09/20/2011 16:33

Nope. Hilarious. MOving on.

Squabbler 09/20/2011 16:37

Where, exactly, is “far?” Because I’d like to go to far with her.