Kirk Cameron offended the gays. Again.

By brendon March 05, 2012 @ 11:41 AM

The ironically named GLAAD is once again pissed off about something, this time Kirk Cameron and the things he said on CNN during an interview with Piers Morgan. I’m assuming it was the part where he implied homosexuality might destroy civilization.

“I think that it’s unnatural,” Cameron (said). “I think that it’s detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization.”

Into the fires with you, Zachary Quinto! You’re a barbarian! Why can’t you be civilized, like Torquemada!

“I believe marriage was defined by God. Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the Garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life till death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don’t think anyone else should either. So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don’t.”

I really wanted Cameron to sound like an asshole because I personally think religious people are ridiculous, but the fact is Morgan asked him his opinion (*) and he gave it. And that’s fine. He should be allowed to think whatever he wants. My problem is that his opinion is being made into law, and his opinion keeps gay people from having equal rights. I don’t even give a shit about gay people, because I’m not gay and I only care about about me, but every argument against gay marriage always comes down to, “well God said so”, and I don’t see why others should be forced to obey rules given to Kirk Cameron by the voices in his head. If kneeling in a pew and praying to a crucifix gives him comfort and peace, good for him, I’m jealous, but that’s between him and his magic furniture. Leave me out of it.

(*) and actually had to ask him several times: longer video here, transcript here.

B A Baracus 03/05/2012 11:46

Guess he won’t be appearing on Ron & Fez any time soon…

SomeoneluvsU 03/05/2012 12:05

What’s unnatural is for gays to miss the bliss of alimony and court ordered settlement
    payment…

Welcome to the party boys.

Mr. Nutt 03/05/2012 12:10

This is the new direction we’re going? Can we stop sometime soon, I need to pee.

Danny Japan 03/05/2012 12:14

I suppose I’ll be the one to start the slow clap.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Mr. Nutt 03/05/2012 12:15

The problem lies in the fact that where do you stop? The next guy wants to marry his goat. The next girl wants to marry her dildo. The Mormons want to marry 3 to 5 women. Like SLU said, marriage is expensive. DON”T DO IT!

Caribou 03/05/2012 12:15

Bloody hell, I see what you mean about today being a new WWTDD, it’s like a new website. Oh wait, it looks the same, there’s about three stories a week and you still come across as a douchebag.

Mr. Nutt 03/05/2012 12:26

Olivia Munn nude is the top story of the day for me.

Observer 03/05/2012 12:56

Gay people HAVE equal rights……

…every cocksucker and split-licker on earth has the EXACT SAME right to ruin someone else’s life by “marrying” them……….

What “gay” people want is an “extra”…….I am not against that……but the fact is……the queers want something extra……and it is not a “civil rights” argument….

Beaver 03/05/2012 13:32

What’s with this Torquemada crap? If I wanted to learn about history, I would have finished high school.

ilikeblumpkins 03/05/2012 14:12

What is it that the queers want “extra”, Obs?

JarethCutestory 03/05/2012 14:17

so surprised you didn’t mention the “flying spaghetti monster”

harleydavidson 03/05/2012 14:26

you know what kirk cameron? your god can blow me. at one point i was a happy guy in great shape witha beautiful girlfriend that adored me. then about 3 years ago she left me, i gained 40 lbs and became an alcoholic. before that i was dumped by a woman i was engaged to.

you know what i did about that. i helped my own damn self. i didnt need your god. so fuck him and fuck you.

now back in cathlolic school i was always told god had a plan and god provides, so was his plan to make me miserable and provide me with nothing but hassle for the last ten years? go fuck yourself and mind your own fucking business you uptight bible thumping prick. go preach to people that are fucking dumb enough to fall for it because im not buying it, you arrogant asshole.

sorry but i really hate these fucking assholes who try to make everyone believe what they do and try to push their ways on the rest of us.

seannn 03/05/2012 14:33

Here’s a question. The ancient civilizations of Rome and Greece had a lot of homosexuality going on. And combined they lasted more than a millennium. Only collapsing after Constantine adopted and mandated Christianity on all the citizens. How does Kirk Cameron explain that?

And another question, why the fuck is anyone interviewing Kirk Cameron? The sanctimonious little shit who had a costar fired for posing in playboy. The guy who believes bananas explains intelligent design. The guy who hasn’t done a noteworthy thing since the 80′s. Yeah that guy. Why is he on CNN?

Observer 03/05/2012 14:37

Blumpkin……

….every straight male and female can marry any other straight female and male….that they can trick, connive, or sweet talk into marriage……

….as can any cock-knocker or workboot-wearing bulldyke….

…so….you tell me……where is the “rights disparity”.

newyorkmatt 03/05/2012 14:48

@Mr. Nutt: You are comparing two humans marrying, to two animals marrying. Gay people are human; I am sure you don’t think they are, as apparent in your question, but they are, so your thought process does not present a “problem.”

As for a man marrying 5 women, go right ahead. As long as those 5 women are of age and capable of making that decision in whatever state they live.
    As for a woman marrying her dildo, again, dildos are not human nor conscious.

@Observer: What are you talking about? What extra do gay people want? They want to be allowed to marry someone they love and receive the same legal rights (like filing a joint federal tax return) that straight people do.
    You only feel the way you do because you have been brainwashed by your parents, your peers, or a church for 20+ years. Step out side the box for a minute, maybe make an actual gay friend and realize they are no worse than you.

In fact, they’d probably be more welcoming of you than you are of them.

globaldominationmachine 03/05/2012 15:02

i’m fine with gays marrying. but once that happens, can consenting cousins marry? consenting siblings? if not, why not?

harleydavidson 03/05/2012 15:35

i think im going to marry my fleshlight. the one modeled after tori blacks snatch

Observer 03/05/2012 15:48

New York Matt……

….I don’t need to be brainwashed by the idiots in this world to understand logic…

The “gay” movement claims it wants “equal” rights……but they already have equal rights because the status quo is ALL men can marry women and vice-versa……

That is the definition of equality……..everybody has the SAME right to do the SAME thing….

Cocksuckers want an “extra” right to marry men that straight men do not have either…..

….therefore…..queers can make a request of civil society…..but if that request is rejected…….the cock-knockers have not been denied a “equal” right…..they have been denied an “extra” privilege…….

The Original Lo Rider 03/05/2012 16:24

Carmeron is right. It IS unnatural. Were enough people to become fucked up enough to decide they want to go with their same sex, humans as a species would cease to exist. A species naturally seeks to further its own existence.

I’m not sure where the issue is.

Why is anyone asking Kirk Cameron for his opinion?

Sicco 03/05/2012 16:50

using religion as the crux of your argument is always flawed, and not just because you can bust out the ‘religion is fallacy’ argument. i could say i’m a hittite and my rules for marriage predate yours, so fuck you i’m marring 8 bitches and i’m going to sacrifice a goat