the Chevy Chase vs Dan Harmon feud is getting ugly

By brendon April 03, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

Over the weekend, the ongoing feud between ‘Community’ creator Dan Harmon and star Chevy Chase went very public after a story on Deadline that said Chase walked off the set without shooting one of his final scenes for the season finale, followed by Harmon leading a chant of “Fuck You, Chevy” (in front of Chases wife and daughter) at the wrap party.

Later that night Chase left a voicemail for Harmon where said “fuck” a lot and called him a shitty writer, which of course Harmon played in public as soon as he could while calling Chase a drunk. And now that voicemail is finally available in it’s entirety:

“I hope you’re ready to take your medicine, you fat fuck. You didn’t give us a script to begin with, so nobody knew what the fuck was going on during the week. Second of all, your goddamn bad writing, shit stinko fuck, was an abomination; and your writing is getting worse, so suck my cock. I don’t get talked to like that by anybody, certainly not in front of my wife and daughter, you goddamn asshole; alcoholic, fat shit.
You’re gonna live to be about 57, if you’re lucky, the way you eat. I have nothing to say to you except you can suck my cock. Is that clear?
And I hope you can play that for everybody around you who agrees with you that you should say “fuck you” in front of all of those people, to me and my family.  You think that’s the right way to behave?

Everyone knows that Chevy Chase can be a dick to work with, so it’s probably not good that the crew is apparently siding with him over Harmon. Even if Harmon led a second chant where he just yelled “WHITE POWER” for 10 minutes I would have thought he’d still be more popular than Chase.

1. 2 fingers 1 Thumb 04/03/2012 16:13

“If you were here right now I’d fucking kick you’re fucking teeth out. You’re nothing to me. You’re (unintelligible) with what I’ve worked with before. You’re not funny. You’re OK.”

that is all

2. SomeoneluvsU 04/03/2012 16:19

By all accounts Chase is a colossal arrogant ass.

But he could be a great voice mail writer for Mel Gibson and Alec Baldwin.

3. alexdurso 04/03/2012 16:19

“You’re (unintelligible) with what I’ve worked with before.”

The unintelligible part is:

“You’re a billion people I’ve worked with before.”

4. Mr. Nutt 04/03/2012 16:26

LIBERAL FIGHT!!!

5. Mr. Nutt 04/03/2012 16:35

Here is a pic of Dan Harmon so you can see his opponent. Study both and let me know who you want to bet on. I can take bets on how many rounds they go, who bleeds first, and win by K.O.

6. 2 fingers 1 Thumb 04/03/2012 16:44

in a totally unrelated, related story:

7. Observer 04/03/2012 17:13

Community is NOTHING without Chevy Chase…….

….unless you count the two young white(er) chicks …….because they play up their strengths…..tits and ass…..

8. CEO Morgan 04/03/2012 17:13

Chevy Chase and Dan Harmon should shut up, just hold hands and explore each others rabbit holes.

9. truthintam 04/03/2012 17:53

Dan Harmon is a complete idiot. Chevy Chase has more talent, experience and humor in his fingernail than he has, and Chevy has earned a bit of respect. For this D-Wad to publicly humiliate him in front of his wife, daughter and the whole crew is the height of disrespect and unprofessionalism. I predict the show will be canceled very soon without Chevy, and no celebrity of this caliber is going to want to work with Harmon again.

10. muslhed1 04/03/2012 17:58

Typical liberal slap fight….f-bombs as adverb and adjective confirming their single digit IQ’s and lack of imagination in name-calling.

11. Artpunk 04/03/2012 19:44

They’re both assholes. It’s still my favorite show on television though.

12. harleydavidson 04/04/2012 09:12

ive never once watched that show and i never will. fuck tv.

13. Squid Boy 04/04/2012 10:39

Yeah, I’ve heard Chevy is tough – but I gotta side with him here.

There’s an update and an apology out now.

Mostly I hope this idiocy doesn’t do anything to push the show toward the ‘hassle factor’ – it’s clearly already on the bubble. I love the show, and only in part for Chevy – it’s definitely an ensemble effort.