Jim Carrey Doesn’t Like “Kick-Ass 2″ Now That The Check Has Cleared

By Jack June 24, 2013 @ 1:09 PM

Jim Carrey has decided to bite the hand that’s still willing to pay him millions to make stupid faces by dissing his upcoming movie Kick-Ass 2. It seems that Ace Ventura has a problem with all of the violence in the film. Carrey plays Colonel Stars And Stripes, a vigilante that teams up with Kick-Ass. He Tweeted:

“I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence…I meant to say my apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart.”

Sooo, the lead up of at least a year from the time he got to script until it was done shooting didn’t tip him off to the level of violence in the film? When he was shooting guns on the set for 10 hours a day didn’t give him a clue? Carrey didn’t seem to have a problem collecting the fat check for performing acts of gratuitous violence until after the film was wrapped. How convenient. The thing that happened at Sandy Hook was beyond fucked up but it’s not like it was the first time guns have been used to kill innocent people. Carrey has been a gun control advocate for years so if he found gun violence so offensive then why did he sign on to make the movie in the first place? Cha-ching.

Mark Millar, who wrote the comic and the screenplay, replied on his site. “I respect both his politics and his opinion, but I’m baffled by this sudden announcement as nothing seen in this picture wasn’t in the screenplay 18 months ago.” Welcome to the world of two-faced Hollywood douchebags, Mark.

Admiral 06/24/2013 13:16

Liberal douchebags – every last one of them make money doing the things they tell others not to do.

RangerLG 06/24/2013 13:35

So he goes and shoots up an elementary school in this movie?

The Mildly Tanned Knight 06/24/2013 14:10

I don’t want to shock anyone, but as a Liberal douchebag, Carrey is very much in favor of us all paying more taxes…..except at the moment he still hires teams of lawyers to ensure he pays as little as humanly possible.

You know, because he cares so much….

LoK 06/24/2013 14:27

So he’s actually turning into Andy Kaufman and being a complete douchebag that everybody hates?

Luppie 06/24/2013 14:33

C’mon guys, pay attention to how Hollywood works. This is just another example of brilliant marketing. Jim’s comments will stop NOBODY from seeing the film if they already wanted to. However, it will definitely sell MORE tickets. These guys know what they are doing.

RangerLG 06/24/2013 15:01

He’s Canadian anyway. I don’t listen to anything they say, unless it is about hockey.