This Child Bride Seems Happy

By Lex April 02, 2014 @ 3:47 PM

I don’t like feel good stories. They make me uncomfortable as I search my soul and wonder why I only find bitterness where others find LUVS and OMG Awesomes!!!. Some photographer named Lindsey learned that a guy with terminal cancer regretted that he’d not live to be able to walk his 11-year old daughter Josie down the aisle. So the photographer raised donations of the most inspired kind and produced a fake wedding for Josie so she could film the dad at her nuptials (video: Walk Me Down the Aisle, Daddy). I guess it’s not super creepy to lipstick and doll up an eleven year old and put a promise ring on her finger before a pastor so that older dying dad can hold her hand as she gets fake married. At least not nearly as creepy as the mock wedding night and honeymoon which I suppose is on another reel. When dad has left this earth and Josie gets older, she’ll have these super melancholy and traumatic memories to keep her warm well into her spinster years. A promise is a promise.

kw24 04/02/2014 16:01

I’m all for a good joke – and an avid WWTDD reader…but after this post – i’m completely turned off by the site.

A beautiful story turned into a mockery by some schmuck behind a computer. This family didn’t ask to be in the public eye – they aren’t sleazy celebrities.

Leave the girl & her dad alone – and go pick on the next nip slip.

ShelbyScullymin 04/02/2014 17:19

Since I started with my online business I earn $58 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out.

>>>>>>>> CHECK44.COM

Al (Ted) Bundy 04/02/2014 18:45

Chill out kw24. As someone who recently finished up treatment for cancer, I think I can talk on this subject (stage 4 no less, bonus points for me!).

This is creepy as hell. Why be so selfish that you put your 11 year old child through this mockery. Take the chemo and hope for the best. Does it suck? You bet. Is it fun? Nope. But try your best not to warp a kid more than your illness is already doing.

Hugh G. Rection 04/02/2014 22:19

Al, I agree. This whole thing is creepy and weird. Just another sign of the fvcking apolcalypse.

Toast 04/02/2014 23:29

Hey, am I the only professional here….. He’ll, I’ll play Marco Polo with her….

Shastar 04/03/2014 02:13

Yeah, this is all over my friends feed on facebook, and everyone is going, “Aww, that’s so sweet!” Sorry, it’s freaking creepy.

zuzivumuf 04/03/2014 11:35

I buy almost everything except food and clothing from online auctions most people aren’t aware of the almost unbelievable deals that they can get from online auction sites the site that has the best deals is http://ow.ly/vjJmK

I checked with the BBB and was told that it is all legit. How they can sell gift cards, laptops, cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don’t know I do know that I bought my son an ipad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Low gift
    cards for $48Why would I even think about shopping anyþlace else?