Adam Goldstein, more commonly known as DJ AM, was found dead this afternoon in New York City from an apparent drug overdose. He was 36-years-old. Here’s a rough time line of the events so far:
– at around 5pm, a male friend who hadn’t been able to reach him went to AMs apartment.
– when the friend arrived, AM could be seen lying motionless on the floor.
– 911 was called at 5:23pm.
– the New York City Fire Department arrived within minutes and broke down AMs door.
– drug paraphernalia, including pipes used for smoking illegal drugs, were found around the body.
– he was pronounced dead on the scene.
Radar Online is reporting that AM was having a hard time getting off pain medication that he began taking after his near-fatal plane crash this time last year. Although maybe more telling is that he was friends with Mary Kate Olsen. Just like Heath Ledger. That little goblin might be the angel of death.