Madonna kicked off her MDNA tour in Tel Aviv last night, and even though she’s now 53 years old, she’s still at the top of her game. And by that I mean she’s a simple-minded cunt with no equal, and she stopped the show to lecture the crowd about respecting other religions and peace in the Middle East.
Which might not have been so bad except that Madonna still does all of her typical shit, so the night is filled with wild swings of hypocrisy that she doesn’t even think twice about.
– The show opened with a silhouette of Madonna on her knees in prayer, wearing a crown and tunic reminiscent of Joan of Arc or the Virgin Mary, and while the male dancers who were dressed as monks take their robes off, Madonna points an AK-47 at the crowd.
– Madonna says we should treat all religions with dignity and respect.
– During the song “Revolver”, Madonna and her dancers point guns at the audience while the screen behind them shows huge images of empty bullet casings falling to the ground.
– Madonna tells the crowd, “It’s easy to say we want peace in the world, it’s another thing to do it.”
– During the song “Gang Bang”, which is about her ex-husband Guy Richie, she sings “bang bang, shot you dead, shot my lover in the head” and fights with someone all in black with a white collar (a priest?), then shoots him in the head. The massive video screen behind her is then covered with splattered blood.
– Madonna says, “You can’t be a fan of mine and not want peace in the world” and “If we don’t treat every human being with dignity and respect we wil never have peace.”
– ‘Express Yourself’ is remixed to include Lady Gaga’s song ‘Born This Way’, which Madonna feels is stolen from ‘Express Yourself’. At the end, Madonna takes a shot at Gaga, saying, “she’s not me” 4 times.
– A dance crew that is a blatant rip off of Jabbawockeez comes out for ‘Justify My Love, a song with lyrics entirely stolen from Prince protege Ingrid Chavez and a drum beat stolen from Public Enemy. Both had to take her to court, as have dozens of others that Madonna has stolen from.
– Madonna tells the crowd we must all “rise above our egos” and “treat everyone around us with dignity and respect.”
At one point she even said that the conflict that has divided the middle east for “thousands of years” has to stop. Because she must assume no one had thought of that yet. She said Jews and Muslims need to get along, and she said that to the crowd in Israel. As if they’re the problem. Even those people who hand out flyers saying Jews are descended from rats would side with them on this one.