FYI, Brendon Takes a ‘Holiday’

By Bill February 25, 2013 @ 8:00 AM

For those who care, or just those who want another chance to write ‘pussy motherfucker’ in the comments section, Brendon has gone on holiday from What Would Tyler Durden Do. And, by holiday, we don’t mean a fanciful trip to the South of Spain to see fat German hausfraus with their shnitzels hanging low, we mean, holiday, like in a mob movie, when ‘it’s time Tommy took a holiday’.

Love him or want to plug him with two to the back of the head, Brendon is a talented blogger. We wish him safe travels onto to his next big adventure.

In the coming days and weeks, we’ll be introducing some of our other favorite blasphemers from around the web as we continue to explore, berate, and otherwise artfully drop deuces upon all that we find unholy in the land of popular culture, mainstream media, and just any shit that bugs us because nobody is willing to speak the obvious truth. And, yeah, hot girls with tits big enough that you knew even beneath those oversized sweaters back in high school, second base was going to be well worth the effort.

The rage is gone, but the anger has only begun…

1. Napoleon_Dynamite 02/25/2013 08:44

pussy motherfucker!
    Also, Dude, hausfraus is not the correct plural form. Hausfrauen, please.

2. Da RooBs 02/25/2013 09:30

What a pussy / motherfucker!
    He has become a little erratic of late, like all true artists of the world. So who is our mysterious benefactor now?

3. renton82 02/25/2013 09:34

Not to be mean but all your substitutes are fucking garbage. I don’t come here because I give a flying fuck what celebrities do. I come to read his comments. No Brendon = no fans. Out!

4. Loiterry 02/25/2013 09:36

It’s about time! Site hasn’t been funny in at least a year, even when he bothered to update it was just to post a recycled joke. Now go get the WWTDD twitter account (you do have the name trademarked, right?) and try to salvage that train wreck. His attempt to provide Oscars “commentary” last night was painfully unfunny.

5. Sleazy Pseudonym 02/25/2013 09:41

Sometimes I wonder If all this is a joke and every sub is and was Brendon.

6. manram 02/25/2013 09:55

It was a good run….goodbye to one of my favorite sites.

7. Digital Wonderbread 02/25/2013 09:57

Brendon, not Brendon?

Who gives a shit?

I’m at Pizza Hut so entertain me.

8. Bye 02/25/2013 10:00

This is like firing James Gandolfini from the Sopranos, or the guy who plays Lord Grantham from Downton Abbey, or Chelsea Handler from the Chelsea Handler show. Look what happened to the Office without Steve Carell. It sucks now, and they are finally putting it out of its misery.

This site is like that. I’ve been reading for years, never knowing who was behind it but always getting a good laugh and some eye candy. Then with the recent troubles you had someone filling in who was awful. Unreadable even. Now you’re telling me the dude who made the site great all these years is leaving permanently? What are you, a bunch of fucking idiots?

Brendon, good luck to you sir. If you end up with a new blog somewhere I’ll most likely subscribe there. As for WWTDD, thanks for the memories. All good things end and I’m deleting my bookmark for this site starting now.

9. Buck614 02/25/2013 10:03

Whoever these guest posters are … they need to stop trying so hard.

10. Loiterry 02/25/2013 10:14

“This is like firing James Gandolfini from the Sopranos, or the guy who plays Lord Grantham from Downton Abbey, or Chelsea Handler from the Chelsea Handler show.”

Except those people show/showed up for work, and are/were effective.

11. SomeoneluvsU 02/25/2013 10:15

Brendon sleeps with the fishes?

And even more amazing…..we can actually say Brendon?

12. Angel2376 02/25/2013 10:16

Brendon use to talk crap about the Superficial, but hey at least they are consistent with daily posts…WWTDD has been spiraling down the drain for over a year now, hopefully the new writer or writers will lour me back to this site a daily basis.

13. SomeoneluvsU 02/25/2013 10:16

Oh…and almost forgot…..
    pussy motherfucker!!!!

14. jberglund 02/25/2013 10:20

So the whole site for the past 7+ years has been what Brendon created- him commenting on Popular culture. And now there’s no Brendon in the equation.

Humph.

Math:

Brendon + Popular Culture = WWTDD.com

0 + Popular Culture = Popular Culture

Well done Buzzmedia.

15. Al Bundy 02/25/2013 10:35

Maybe one day Brendon will finally dry out and get his shit together and be allowed to come back after site hits plummet in his absence.

Gotta hope for something positive because I have no faith in the comedy skills of the future replacements.

16. Stu Gotz 02/25/2013 10:41

I don’t understand why anyone is mourning Brendon. Brendon couldn’t even be bothered to post after he supposedly rededicated himself to working on this site, only thing he seemed to care about in the last year was 3rd rate comedians supposedly stealing his terrible jokes.

I don’t know if any of these substitutes will be any good, and I’m sure public opinion has already decided they all suck even before they’ve tried, but it’s better than nothing which was what Brendon was giving us.

17. Stu Gotz 02/25/2013 10:42

By the way, I hope someone told Brendon to get his fucking shinebox.

18. SomeoneluvsU 02/25/2013 10:46

Fat, drunk stoned and stupid is no way to go through life, son

19. redneckwordsofwisdom 02/25/2013 10:47

Geezus…you don’t have to fit every idea you ever had into one sentence. I’ve seen Herman Melville novels that were shorter.

20. Mechakisc 02/25/2013 10:50

I literally just reset my password to say this:

Have you business people not yet figured out that you have to find a way to work with creative folks when they have demands, like changing the website design?

Firing the creator of a thing is often less than successful.

Good day, sir.