Speilberg blames Lucas for Indiana Jones 4 being awful

By brendon October 27, 2011 @ 12:31 PM

indiana-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull-01

Steven Spielberg has a interview in the new issue of Empire, and if you hated the idea of aliens in ‘Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’, you’re in good company, because he did too.

“…I sympathise with people who didn’t like the MacGuffin because I never liked the MacGuffin. George and I had big arguments about the MacGuffin. I didn’t want these things to be either aliens or inter-dimensional beings. But I am loyal to my best friend. When he writes a story he believes in – even if I don’t believe in it – I’m going to shoot the movie the way George envisaged it. I’ll add my own touches, I’ll bring my own cast in, I’ll shoot the way I want to shoot it, but I will always defer to George as the storyteller of the Indy series. I will never fight him on that.”

Aww golly, that’s kinda touching. I can’t help but admire the way he knowingly screwed the audience by making a terrible movie just because his friend asked him too. It really inspires confidence.

(what sucks is that these two used to be great at this. no, really. here is an outstanding article about the first Indiana Jones story meetings between Spielberg, Lucas, and the great screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan. I have no idea what happened since them but i doubt Lucas could even write a note telling me he went to the store without fucking it up. ‘You needed milk and went to Area 51? What, why? That seems unreasonable.’ “

i hate you 10/27/2011 12:43

we like moobies and boobies. none of which we can watch here. oh hey, smokey the bear.

cody 10/27/2011 12:45

I fucking hate this argument. The only difference between aliens and Jewish Nazi Melting Ghosts and Nazi Melting Christian artifacts is that the aliens are plausible.

Dr. Gonzo 10/27/2011 13:01

george lucas has become completely unhinged and is a liability who poisons everything he sets his pen to. it’s a shame because he was phenomenally talented and his weak character has led to him becoming a worthless hack.

actually remove george lucas and substitute hollywood in that sentence- or just about anyone in it- and it still works.

william faulkner… (sigh)

MrAdams 10/27/2011 13:02

“Friends Don’t Let Friends Make Shitty Movies.”

SexyRicardSimmons 10/27/2011 13:12

Nice of Spielberg to try to get off the hook by blaming Lucas. Look at War of the Worlds ending. The family is fine and that fucking queer son somehow makes it back to Boston in one piece. They both fucking suck.

Joust 10/27/2011 13:38

No point in proofreading articles when your audience consists of the same 5 people, right BREND0N?

The Fried Man 10/27/2011 13:45

The movie sucked for the same reason that all Spielberg movies suck now. Crappy writing and over the top story lines. There was a simplicity to the old Spielberg movies, a reality to the absurd that made it feel special. ET was just a regular kind of a guy. The Aliens in these movies were wacky…you guys know what I mean. You could have a beer with ET.

i hate you 10/27/2011 14:01

oh hey joust, you taking a break from cock sucking for a minute?

Observer 10/27/2011 14:03

…and yet…..they still got paid….

Admiral 10/27/2011 14:14

Actually, the thing that I hated most about the fourth Indy movie was a tie between the, fridge scene, the goddamn monkeys, and Marion’s stupid grandmotherly grin.

-2 for Lucas
    -2 for Spielburg (for the casting and actually filming a scene he knew was horrible)

i hate you 10/27/2011 14:19

the fridge scene was ridiculous, yes. you have to take into account that the fridge scene and falling from a plane in an inflated raft to land on a mountain to slide to safety have the same amount of plausibility.

Vulcan Science 10/27/2011 14:50

what the heck is this….i thought this was wwtdd not wwlucasspeilburgd..where is the skin?

SomeoneluvsU 10/27/2011 15:10

You can’t really blame Lucas. It must have been difficult to write a good script with Shia LaBeouf’s dick in your mouth.

BA732 10/27/2011 17:26

This article sucks…. want some real entertainment…. http://www.brilliantarrogance.com/

WitStream1 10/27/2011 17:41

AN interview. Steven Spielberg has AN interview. Again, have you hired idle NBA players to write for you?

fukka diddle 10/27/2011 20:09

Fuckin’ Jews.

Tylerdurden389 10/27/2011 22:50

Gotta admit, after watching E.T for the first time in over 20 years, I was surprised about how it isn’t as great as everyone says it is. THIS was the movie that had swept movie-goers, and IMO is responsible for “Jedi” turning Star Wars into a commercial for kids (Ewoks obviously, as well as re-hasing the same ending from the first film), then tainted the Indy franchise by having a pointless child side-kick?